During the holidays, I made up my mind about the future of Spirit of House. I've been doing it for way over a decade now, and to be honest, I'm burned out to some degree. But on the other hand I do love music from the bottom of my heart, so I just can't give it up...
So I was thinking how can I keep it going while making sure it does not eat up all of my free time (remember that I work a full time job) and burns me out even more. Changes were inevitable, but I tried to keep them as small as possible - here is the list:
- The fundament will be weekly updates (usually late Saturday) as you are used from the past
- These weekly updates will include mixes and reviews
- Selected releases only (the "Picks") will get individual reviews, the rest will be reviewed in one block (similar to the "Short Reviews" I've done past year)
- More "Spotlight" reviews are planned to give special exposure to new/rising talent our outstanding products
- No more "Short Reviews" as they are now part of the regular reviews
"Spirit of House"